A: The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 is a professional honorary organization composed of premier lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications in their area of specialty. The areas of specialty are:
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Law
- Banking and Finance
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business Formation
- Business Labor and Employment Law
- Business Transactions
- Civil Plaintiff
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Communications Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense
- District Attorneys
- Employment Law
- Energy, Environmental, Public Utilities Law
- Entertainment, Sports and Arts Law
- Health Care Law
- Immigration Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Law Professor
- Litigation and Insurance Defense
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Mediation / Arbitration
- Military Law
- Real Estate
- Securities and Antitrust Defense
- Social Security Disability Law
- Trademark and Patents
- US Attorneys
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
This national invitation only organization provides networking, marketing and business opportunities for the accomplished and experienced lawyers in those practice areas.
A: Only The Top 100 lawyers from each state who are actively practicing in the select specialty practices are eligible for invitation. Invitees must demonstrate superior qualifications, leadership skills, and results as a legal professional. The selection process for this honor is based on a multi-phase process based upon objective and uniformly applied criteria which includes peer nominations combined with third party research.
Prospective members of The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 are carefully screened prior to receiving an invitation for membership. The criteria used in the evaluation process include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reputation among peers, the judiciary, and the public
- The previous year’s achievements in the practice area of specialty
- Board Certifications in area of specialty
- Nominations received from leading lawyers, current members and/or our executive committee members
- Leadership and membership within other national and state lawyer or specialty organizations, including the National Bar Association (NBA)
- Rankings and ratings of the attorney by established associations or organizations
Membership is not automatically renewed; attorneys are reevaluated annually to determine whether their activities and accomplishments qualify them for continued membership.
A: The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 is a professional honorary and business organization designed to promote excellence for the modern day lawyer through professional development, education and networking. The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 offers valuable business, case referral and networking opportunities through sponsored or endorsed meetings, seminars, legal publications, and other relevant membership services it offers.
Members of The Top 100 will also be featured on The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 website in its 50-state member directory. This directory serves as a useful networking, referral, and public relations tool for our members and the public. Our member profiles include a personal biography, CV, photograph, contact information and links to his or her firm’s website.
- Cross-Practice area networking opportunities allowing for elite referral and business relations
- Access to potential client referrals that come through The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 website and our extensive attorney referral network.
- A complimentary one-year subscription to the acclaimed The Trial Lawyer magazine
- The potential to have cases and/or legal business referred to you through The National Black Lawyers – Top 100
- Your biography and firm name displayed on The National Black Lawyers’ website
- Access to our website’s blog and publications where we highlight our members’ accomplishments and accolades
- A distinguished plaque, certificate, desk recognition or digital product available for purchase, denoting your accomplishment as a Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer
- An invitation to any and all events endorsed or held by The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 as well as discounted rates to these events
A: To accept an invitation into The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 please fill out and return the membership form that you receive in the mail with your invitation, along with payment of your annual membership dues.
A: Additional questions may be directed to our administrative office at
877-465-4498. Please feel free to ask for Membership Directory. You may also email us.