Ebony S. Morris is an associate based in the New Orleans office of Garrison, Yount, Forte, & Mulcahy, L.L.C. She is a member of the Louisiana Bar (2014). Ebony is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. She is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, New Orleans Bar Association, Greater New Orleans Chapter of Louis A. Martinet Society, Defense Research Institute, and the New Orleans Pro Bono Project. She is also a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
Ebony’s education includes an undergraduate degree in Political Science with honors from Southeastern Louisiana University (2011) and a Juris Doctorate degree with honors from Southern University Law Center (2014). While in law school, Ebony served as the Articles Editor for the Southern University Law Review, Legal Writing Teaching Assistant to Professor Wendy Shea, and a Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Law Literacy Fellow. Ebony also served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Laura Prosser for Baton Rouge City Court and a legal extern for Chief Judge Brian A. Jackson of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
In her spare time, Ebony enjoys volunteering, spending time with her family, and writing.
- Louisiana , 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Southern University Law Center, 2014
- Southeastern Louisiana University, 2011
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Greater New Orleans Chapter of Louis A. Martinet Society
- New Orleans Pro Bono Project
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- Women’s Energy Network
- Parliamentarian, Tangi Academy Board of Directors
- 2017 National Federation of Paralegals Association Annual Convention — "Proceed with Caution: How to Avoic the Unauthorized Practice of Law" — New Orleans. LA — October 12, 2017
- 2017 New Orleans Bar Association Procastinators CLE — "Work/Life Balance From a Business Development Perspective" — New Orleans. LA — December 13, 2017