Phillip Bauknight is an associate in the firm’s New Jersey office. His practice focuses on employment, business, and labor issues with an emphasis on joint employment, Title VII, discrimination and franchise business matters. Phil regularly appears in federal, state, appellate, and administrative courts as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and various state agencies.
Phil is an active member of the legal community, in particular with the American Bar Association where he holds a leadership position in the Tort, Trial, and Insurance Practice Section, and is deeply involved with the Forum on Franchising.
Phil is an experienced public speaker and author who presents and writes on a range of employment issues, including those related to franchise business matters.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars List - (2014-2017)
- Selected to The National Black Lawyers Top 40 under 40 List - (2015-2016)
- IADC Trial Academy Graduate - (2013)
- Winner, Morris County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Mock Trial Competition - (2009)
- American Bar Association Tort, Trial, and Insurance Practice Section - Employment Law and Litigation Committee, Membership and Diversity Chair, (2016-present); Membership Chair - (2015-2016); Publications Chair - (2014-2015); Vice Chair - (2013-2014)
- Lead Author/Editor, Employment Law and Litigation Committee's section of the American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal - (2014)
- American Bar Association - Forum on Franchising
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, Executive Committee Member
- West Orange Scholarship Fund, Trustee - (2016-present)
- President of the Union County Boys and Girls Club Bike Exchange - (2012-2013)
- Rutgers School of Law
- Rutgers University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York